Condo Insurance – ERIE's HomeProtector Program
Your condominium is unique and so are your protection needs. As a condo owner you
may not need to worry about backyard or basement maintenance, but you will still
want to be sure your portion of the property is insured properly.
Help keep your property safe with ERIE's Condocover Policy. This coverage — part
of ERIE’s HomeProtector Program — safeguards your:
- Personal property.
- Building additions or alterations you make to your premises.
It also offers coverage for:
- Loss of use, which covers additional living expenses if you need to relocate
- Loss assessments up to $5,000 imposed upon you by your condominium association
to cover the association policy’s deductible or if the coverage is inadequate to
pay for the loss.
- Personal liability for bodily injury, property damage or personal injury
claims brought against you anywhere in the world.
- Medical payments to others who are injured in an accident arising from your
premises or personal activities.
The Condocover Policy protects you and your family with extra features, including:
- Coverage up to $2,500 for a loss due to theft, forgery or unauthorized use of a
credit card and unknowingly accepting counterfeit money.
- Payment up to the personal property limit for the loss of food inside a refrigerator
or freezer due to power or mechanical failure.
- Coverage up to $3,000 for theft, misplaced or lost jewelry, watches, furs and guns
and related equipment.
- Reimbursement for fire extinguisher recharge after a fire loss.
- Payment for replacement of automatic garage door transmitters that have been stolen.
Coverage is also provided for the cost to reprogram the frequency on additional
transmitters and/or the control unit box.
Some optional coverages you may choose to add to your Condocover Policy include:
- Sewer or drain back-up – Covers the damages up to the limit that you set
when buying the policy.
- Scheduled personal property – Covers items such as jewelry, furs, cameras,
musical instruments and the fine arts above what the basic insurance policy provides.
- Increased loss assessment amount – Increases the coverage available if there
is a covered loss and your association's coverage is inadequate, or there is a deductible
under the association’s policy, and you are assessed.
- Increased building, additions and alterations endorsement - Provides $5,000
automatically for real property in the condo for which you are responsible and that
will not be reimbursed by the condo association. For example, if you update the
kitchen, the improvements are probably not covered by the condo association.
- Condocover enhancement endorsement – Increases the basic policy’s personal
property amounts and building, additions and alterations coverage.
- Incidental business occupancy - Provides coverage for an incidental business
conducted by the insured on the residence premises. Eligibility is limited to certain
types of businesses.
- Earthquake coverage - Offers protection for the shaking and cracking that
can destroy buildings and personal possessions.
- Identity Recovery Coverage – Covers case management services, expense reimbursement
and fraud in cases of personal identity theft.
Contact our agency to review the insurance policy
options. We can provide you with more information about the features and benefits
of Erie Insurance policies.
Please note: This material is general in nature and for informational purposes only.
Coverages, exclusions, limitations, policy terms and conditions and eligibility
for discounts may vary from state to state and are subject to the underwriting guidelines,
rates and rules in effect at the time of purchase. Please refer to the policy itself
for definitions, coverages, exclusions and other terms and conditions.
ERIE® insurance services are provided by one or more of the following insurers:
Erie Insurance Exchange, Erie Insurance Company, Erie Insurance Property & Casualty
Company, Flagship City Insurance Company and Erie Family Life Insurance Company
(home offices: Erie, Pennsylvania) or Erie Insurance Company of New York (home office:
Rochester, New York). Not all companies are licensed or operate in all states. Not
all products are offered in all states. Policy issuance is subject to eligibility
criteria. Go to erieinsurance.com for company licensure and territory information.